In this article, we will explain why and how you should verify your domain on Brevo.
Verifying your domain is very useful if you don't want to spend time validating new senders associated with that domain, as you won't have to click a verification link in an email for each address.
Why should I verify my domain?
To ensure the quality of emails sent from Brevo, any new sender addresses you create must be validated by clicking a link in a verification email. Verifying your domain allows you to skip this manual validation step for your senders associated with that domain.
For example, let's imagine that you want to create the three following new sender addresses with the @example-domain.com domain:
If the example-domain.com domain isn't verified on Brevo, you will receive an email for each address created as a sender. You will then have to click and activate each sender manually.
If the example-domain.com domain is verified on Brevo, you can then create as many senders as you want on the same domain without having to validate each one individually.
Step 1: Set up your domain information
You have three options to verify your domain:
- Click your name on the top-right side of the screen.
- Access Senders & IP.
- Click the Domains section.
- Click Add a domain.
- Enter the domain name you wish to use to sign your emails and click Save.
Follow Step 2 below to learn how to verify your domain ⬇️.
Step 2: Verify your domain
You now need to verify your domain using one of our verification methods. Select which method you want to use to verify your domain:
- [Recommended] DNS records: add DNS entries to your domain,
- Host a file: upload a file to your domain's root directory,
- Send an email: send a verification email to the technical addresses associated with the domain.
- Open a new window in your navigator and access your domain hosting platform.
- Create a DNS entry.
- Choose the TXT type.
- In the Hostname field, paste the hostname as it appears in the Record for domain verification section.
- In the Value field, paste the generated code from the Record for domain verification section.
- Save your newly created DNS entry.
- [Recommended] Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails. To learn more, check our dedicated article Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (DKIM).
- Go back to Brevo.
- Depending on your situation, click:
- Verify & Authenticate if you created the DNS entries with the Brevo code to verify your domain, but also the DKIM record to authenticate your domain.
- Just verify if you only created the DNS entry with the Brevo code to verify your domain.
Create an HTML file with the name provided by Brevo and add it to your domain's root directory. Check your hosting platform help center to find your website root directory.
Verify your domain by receiving a verification code by email:
- Choose from the drop-down list the email address to which you want to send the verification code.
- Click Send verification code.
- Enter the 6-digit code you received by email and click Verify.
Once you have followed one of these three methods, Brevo will automatically verify your domain name, and the manual validation of sender addresses will no longer be required.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.