When creating your email campaign, you can choose your recipients from your existing lists and segments in the To step. However, you may need to:
- Exclude (Don't send to) certain segments or lists that might contain recipients you don't want to send the campaign to. For example, this can be useful if some of your contacts are present in several lists and you don't want them to receive your newsletter.
- Filter recipients of your campaign according to certain criteria, using the segmentation tool integrated into the To step. For example, you can decide to send your campaign only to recipients whose account manager is Abby or John.
🚰 Exclude and filter recipients from your email campaigns
- Access and fill in the To step of your email campaign creation.
- Click Advanced options to display the Don't send to and Filter recipients options.
- Define your exclusion lists and segments, and/or filter your recipients:
Under Don't send to, select from the drop-down list the contact lists or segments you don't want to send your campaign to.
The campaign will be sent to all selected contacts except those in the lists or segments selected in the Don't send to option.
This option works exactly like segmentation. To filter very precisely which contacts you want to send your campaign to based on their attributes, you can:
- Under Filter recipients, click Add a condition.
Select a saved segment, or click + Add a filter to choose conditions and segment your recipients.
You can set as many conditions as you want.
- Click Apply condition.
Congratulations! 🎉 Your recipients have now been selected for this campaign. The new number of recipients has been updated so you know how many emails will be sent. Click Save and continue with the Subject and Design steps of your email campaign creation.
⏭️ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.