In this article, we will explain how to create a new list from an existing segment or a new segment of contacts.
Creating a new list based on a segment of contacts is useful to target contacts with common interests or demographics, or who are the most engaging with your content. For example, you can segment all openers from your last email campaign to make a list of contacts that you know will most likely open the next one you send them.
1️⃣ Select your segment
To create a new list from a segment of contacts, you either have to select an existing segment or create a new one.
To select an existing segment of contacts:
- Go to Contacts.
- Go to the Load a list/segment tab.
- Select the Segments tab.
- Select the segment that you want to use to create a new list.
2️⃣ Create a new list
- In the segmentation results, check the box next to CONTACT and click Select all the # contacts to select all the segmented contacts.
- Click Add to a list(s).
- Click in the List(s) field and select Add a new list.
- Name your new list and choose a folder.
- Click Create.
- Click Add to confirm.
Your new list has been created, and the segmented contacts have been added to it. You can now view and edit your list from the Lists page.
⏩ What's next?
- Create and manage folders and contact lists
- Managing your contacts lists with Marketing Automation
- Optimize and clean your contact list to improve email deliverability