Transactional emails are a crucial component of any business's communication strategy, as they are sent to customers and users in response to specific actions or events. It is essential to monitor the statistics of transactional emails to ensure they are performing effectively. By doing so, you can ensure that your emails are being delivered to the intended recipients, are being opened, and are driving desired actions, such as clicks or purchases.
Review your transactional email reports
Your transactional email reports are divided into 4 different tabs:
The Real time tab details the recent activities of your emails.
Last 30 minutes
Under the Real time tab, you will find a Last 30 minutes section. This section provides you with a comprehensive view of your business through performance indicators:
- Events: number of events (transactional emails sent, bounced, opened, etc.) detected by Brevo.
- Delivered: number of recipients who received your transactional emails.
- Opens: number of times your recipients opened your transactional emails.
- Clicks: number of clicks on a link in your transactional emails.
- Bounced: number of soft and hard bounces generated by your transactional emails.
Per minute/Per second
In the Per minute and Per second sections, you also have the ability to monitor the sending of your transactional emails with aggregations per minute and per second. The real-time graph is composed of the main indicators of your transactional emails (opens, clicks, bounces, etc.).
The Statistics tab allows you to view the stats of your transactional emails with the ability to add filters, define a time period, and sort your items by selecting a sender and/or a tag in particular.
The metrics show you the number of transactional emails, as well as ratios over a specific period:
- Delivery rate: number of emails delivered/number of emails sent.
- Opening rate: number of unique openings/number of emails delivered.
- Click rate: number of unique clicks/number of emails delivered.
- Bounce rate: number of hard bounces + soft bounces.
- Complaint rate: number of contacts who reported your emails as spam.
- Hard bounce rate: number of permanent undelivered emails due to misspelled or nonexistent email addresses.
- Soft bounce rate: number of temporarily undelivered emails due to the mail server being temporarily unavailable or a full mailbox.
- Blocked rate: number of emails marked as spam + emails that hard bounced.
The graph lets you quickly view the average trend for transactional emails that were delivered, sent, clicked, and that resulted in bounces. It can give you an overview of the success of your transactional emails.
The Logs tab gives you access to a record of all the events related to the transactional emails sent to your contacts.
You can filter your logs to only view certain events, senders, or tags:
|All senders on the Brevo account.|
|All tags added to email templates on the Brevo account.|
By clicking a log, you will be able to view more information about it:
- Details: view details about the log such as when it was sent, the sender, the recipient, the message ID, and the template ID.
- Transactional email preview: preview the transactional email received by the recipient.
- History: view a history of the events related to this specific transactional email.
- Clicked links: view the links clicked by the recipient.
While viewing the log information, you can click the recipient's email address in the To field to open the contact details.
From there, you can:
The Settings tab gives you access to several transactional settings.
Here are some useful settings for your transactional emails:
- Configuration: configure and manage your transactional mailings via SMTP or API.
- Webhook: retrieve all track events in real-time (opens, clicks, bounces). For example, whenever one of your emails is opened, the Opened event for the email address in question is systematically retrieved in your database.
- Blocked or Unsubscribed contacts: view the list of blocklisted contacts and unblock them, if necessary.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.