In this article, we explain how to receive the SMS responses of your contacts by receiving an email notification (recommended) or receiving an SMS. We also explain how to reply to SMS responses by email.
📥 Receive SMS responses
You may receive responses to your SMS messages via an email notification on your Brevo login email address.
Enable SMS responses for SMS campaigns
- Go to Campaigns > Settings > Default settings.
- In the SMS Replies section, select Yes to receive replies to your SMS messages via an email notification.
- Click Save.
Enable SMS responses for transactional SMS
- Go to Transactional > SMS > Settings.
- Select Configuration.
- In the Transactional SMS Replies section, select Yes to receive replies to your SMS messages via an email notification.
Brevo does not offer back and forth SMS messaging. To receive your contacts' responses directly by SMS, add your phone number in the body of the SMS message you send to your contacts. Your contact will then have to reply directly to your phone number with their own phone number, and not as a reply to the SMS sent from Brevo.
For this matter, we do not actually recommend using this method, as it could cause a lot of confusion between the different platforms used.
📤 Reply to SMS responses by email
To reply to SMS responses by email, you must:
- Grab the SMS number in the notification email.
- Look into your contact database to retrieve the email address of the contact who sent you the SMS.
- Directly reply to them by email.