In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the ActiveCampaign integration to sync contacts on ActiveCampaign with Brevo. This can be helpful in order to automatically transfer information between the two apps.
Setting up the ActiveCampaign Integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the + icon on the top menu and then click on the Integrations tab.
- Select the ActiveCampaign Contacts integration from the Integrations page.
- Enter an integration name as shown below. After providing a name, click the Create Integration button to move on to the Integration Creation page.
Connect your ActiveCampaign account
- Click on Connect Your Account to connect your ActiveCampaign account.
- Enter your URL and API Key on the ActiveCampaign authentication page that just appeared.
- Click on Proceed.
- Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
Select the ActiveCampaign Contact list
- Select the list in your ActiveCampaign account that you want to sync with your contacts.
- Check the Opt-In Agreement box. Once the integration runs, the contacts in this list will be synced to your Brevo account.
- Click the Continue button.
Map your ActiveCampaign data fields with your Brevo contact attributes
- Select the corresponding ActiveCampaign field from the drop-down displayed to map with each contact attribute on Brevo.
- Click the Continue button.
Select a Brevo Contact List:
- You can select an existing list or create a new one. Your ActiveCampaign contacts will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click on the Continue button.
Save your integration
- Save and activate the integration by clicking the Save and Activate button.
- You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Your monthly quota:
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stoped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account.
- Contacts created in Brevo will not be reflected in ActiveCampaign.
- If you delete a contact in ActiveCampaign, the deletion will not be reflected in Brevo.
- The phone number attribute must be 6-16 digits. If you create or update a contact in ActiveCampaign with a phone number not following this format, it will not be reflected in Brevo.
- If you update or create more than 10k contacts in ActiveCampaign, only the latest 10k contacts will be reflected in Brevo. 10k is the maximum upper limit of contacts fetched from ActiveCampaign for a single bulk operation. The actual number of contacts fetched also depends on the page size in ActiveCampaign and its API's response time.
- When contacts are imported from ActiveCampaign to Brevo after integration creation, custom fields like Gender, Company etc, are not imported into Brevo. Updating the value of a custom field in Brevo, in this case, will not override the previous value in ActiveCampaign, but set it to blank instead.
- The boolean (Yes/No) and category (dropdown) type fields are currently not supported for syncing.
- There is a basic rate limit for how many operations can be performed simultaneously on contacts in ActiveCampagin. You can send a maximum of 5 API requests per second for your ActiveCampaign account.