You can quickly create tasks to keep track of important actions you have to take regarding an ongoing deal, a company, or a contact. You can associate them with existing or new deals, companies, or contacts for better management.
You can also choose to receive reminders when a task is due or even automatically create tasks based on the trigger of your choice.
Good to know
- You can enable task reminders from your Notifications setting or when creating a task. To learn more about these notifications, check our dedicated article Set up your sales notifications.
- With Marketing Automation, you can automatically create tasks based on the trigger of your choice (e.g. after a contact submits a form or is added to a list). To learn more, check our dedicated article Create a workflow to automatically create tasks.
Step 1: Create the task
You can create tasks from different locations in Brevo:
- Go to Deals > Tasks.
- Click Create a task.
- Go to Deals (Kanban View).
- Click the icon or Choose action on a deal card.
- Select Add a task.
Step 2: Set up the task
- Enter information about the task:
- Task type: Select a task type between To do, Email, Call, Meeting, Lunch, and Deadline.
- Title: You can name your task or keep the placeholder title.
- Due date/Time: Choose when your task is due.
- Reminder: Enable this option if you want to receive a reminder for the task.
If you've not enabled task reminders, you'll be asked to select if you want to receive an email notification and/or a browser notification.
- Task priority: You can mark a task as high priority. You can then sort your tasks by priority on the Tasks page.
- Notes: Enter more information about your task. This can be useful in case you're out of the office and a coworker needs to take over the task.
- Associate task to contacts: Select one or several contacts you want to associate with the task.
- Associate task to companies: Select one or several companies you want to associate with the task.
- Associate task to deals: Select one or several deals you want to associate with the task.
- Assign task to: Assign the task to yourself, to a specific user, or unassign it.
- Once you're, done, click Create.
Your task is created. If you've chosen to receive a reminder, you'll receive it when your task reaches its due date.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.