As explained in our dedicated article Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (DKIM), you must add DNS records to your web host to authenticate your domain.
In this article, we will explain how to authenticate your domain on OVH.
Before you start
- If you're unfamiliar with domain authentication, check out our dedicated article About domain authentication (DKIM).
- Verify your domain using DNS records, a hosted file, or an email verification code. You can verify and authenticate your domain simultaneously with DNS records. To learn more, check our dedicated article Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically.
- The DKIM key generated when adding your domain is a standard 1024-bit DKIM key. If you want to use a 2048-bit DKIM key to enhance your email security, ask our support team to activate it for your account. Your 2048-bit DKIM key will appear in your generated DNS records for email authentication with a Hostname starting with sib2k:
👆Step 1: Access the Domains page
To access the Domains page:
- In Brevo, click on your name at the top-right side of the screen.
- Select Senders & IP.
- Click Domains.
⚙️ Step 2: Generate the DNS records
To generate the DNS records that you will use to authenticate your domain:
- Click Add a domain.
- Enter the domain name you wish to use to sign your emails and click Save. In our example, we are using the domain domain.com.
The DNS records (Brevo code and DKIM) that need to be added to your domain host display.
Under the domain name that you want to use, you will either need to click:
- Authenticate, if you already verified your domain, or
- Verify, if you haven't verified your domain yet.
The DNS records (DKIM) that need to be added to your domain host display.
🚀 Step 3: Add the DNS records to your domain host
- Open a new window in your navigator and access your OVH account.
- Select the domain that you want to authenticate.
- Go to the DNS zone tab.
- Click Add an entry.
- Create a DNS entry of TXT type for your DKIM record.
OVH automatically populates your domain name. When copying the Hostname field from Brevo, only copy the selector (circled in yellow) before your domain name and paste it into the Sub-domain field of OVH:
- Copy the Value field from Brevo and paste it into the Value field of OVH.
- Leave the TTL field as is and click Next.
- Verify your information and click Confirm.
Go back to Brevo and click Verify & Authenticate or Authenticate.
❗️ ImportantIt may take up to 24-48 hours for DNS changes to propagate fully.
- Once the configuration is complete, a green check appears next to the Value fields for DKIM record.
Your domain has been authenticated, and your emails will now be signed with your own domain name in your recipients' mailbox! 🚀⬇️
⏭ What's next?
- About domain authentication (DKIM)
- Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically
- Setting up a dedicated IP in Brevo
- Create a new sender
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.