Creating custom attributes is useful when you need to store additional information for your deals and companies that are not available in the default attributes. Custom attributes can be included in your creation forms or import files.
To access the attributes settings page:
- Go to Deals > Settings.
- Access the attributes settings page:
- For your deals, go to Deals and Pipelines settings > Configure all your deal attributes.
- For your companies, go to Companies attributes.
Create custom attributes
To create custom attributes for your deals and companies:
- From the attributes settings page, click Create an attribute.
- Name your custom attribute.
- Select the type of attributes that you want to create. For more information on attribute types, check our article about the available types of attributes.
- Click Create.
Your custom attribute is now available and can be used to store information about your deals or companies.
Edit or delete custom attributes
On the attributes settings page, scroll down to the Created attributes section. From there, you can view, edit, and delete any of your existing custom attributes.
Edit the Lost reason attribute
The Lost reason attribute is a default attribute, but you can edit it to customize the reasons available when you close a lost deal.
- On the attributes settings page, scroll down to the Lost reason attribute.
- Click Edit. From there, you can:
- Edit the name of a category.
- Click the bin icon to delete a category.
- Click Add new category to create a new reason and name the category.
- Click Save.
⏩ What's next?
- What are the default company attributes?
- What are the default deal attributes?
- Edit the attributes displayed on a contact, deal, or company details page
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.