In this article, we will explain the limits applied to the number of messages you can send using the WhatsApp Business Platform.
What are the limits applied to the number of messages you can send?
WhatsApp limits the number of messages you can send based on a tier system. Every new account starts at tier 1 after passing the business verification process. You are automatically upgraded to the next tier based on the volume and quality of the messages you send. Conversely, you can be downgraded if more of your messages are reported or blocked by users.
|Tier||Messaging limit / 24h|
|Unverified trial tier||250 unique customers
💡 Good to knowIf you signed up before September 30th, 2022, the limit is 50 unique customers.
|Tier 1||1,000 unique customers|
|Tier 2||10,000 unique customers|
|Tier 3||100,000 unique customers|
|Tier 4||Unlimited unique customers|
How to upgrade to the next tier?
To upgrade to the next tier, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Keep your quality rating above medium, and
- The cumulative amount of users you send notifications to has to add up to twice your current messaging limit within a 7-day period.
Once your account reaches this threshold, it will be moved to the next tier. To do so, you will need to send your daily limit of messages consecutively for two days at a minimum, as it takes at least 48 hours to move to the next tier.
Where can I find my messaging limits and quality rating?
Find your Quality rating and Messaging limits for your WhatsApp Business account directly in Brevo from Campaigns > WhatsApp > Manage settings.
In the Messaging Limit column, you will find your current messaging limits:
In the Quality Rating column, you will find your current quality rating:
Green: High quality
Yellow: Medium quality
Red: Low quality
Best practices to maintain or improve a high-quality rating
- Make sure messages follow the WhatsApp Business Policy and Commerce Policy.
- Only send messages to users who gave their consent to receive messages from your business.
Make sure your visitors know which types of messages they consented to receive. You can collect separate consents by specific message categories such as order updates, shipping status, or special offers. If your contacts receive order updates from you when they have subscribed to receiving only their invoices, they may report your WhatsApp message and cause a drop in your quality rating.
- Make the messages highly personalized and valuable to users. Avoid sending open-ended welcome or introductory messages.
- Be mindful of messaging frequency; avoid sending customers too many messages daily. Be thoughtful of informational messages, optimizing for content and length.
- If your quality rating drops, check the template messages you created in the last seven days. The sudden drop can be caused by this new template message that has been reported a lot by your contacts.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.