Tags are used to classify your campaigns. They can be used to filter or enable quick searches on your contacts.
Campaign tags are used just like a tag for a blog article or a photo. This is a way of finding, by a search function, which subscribers have received a certain type of campaign, like "Monthly Newsletter" or "Sales".
Good to know
You can also create and use tags for transactional emails. To learn more, check our dedicated article Create and use tags for transactional emails.
Create or add a tag to a campaign
To create or add a tag to a campaign:
- When creating your campaign, go to the Advanced settings section.
- Click Edit settings.
- In the Newsletter settings, check the Add a tag box.
- In the text field, type a descriptive tag for your campaign. If the tag already exists, select it from the list, else click Add a new item to create a new one.
Segment your contacts using tags
You can use the tags you added to your campaigns to segment your contacts in Contacts > Segments.
To create a segment using tags:
- Go to Contacts > Segments.
- Click Create a segment.
- Click + Add a filter.
- Select the following condition:
- Email > select one of the events according to your needs, e.g. Email opened.
- Any type of email > select Email Campaign.
- Select a number of times and period of time according to your needs.
- Choose which campaigns > Email tag > Is exactly > select the tag(s) that you want to use to filter your contacts.
The number of contacts corresponding to the filters you specified is displayed in the table below the condition.
- Optional: Add other conditions according to your needs.
- Click Save as segment.
- Optional: If you were creating an email campaign, go back to your campaign creation page and refresh it. You can now use your segment in the To section.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.