If you work with agencies, you will sometimes receive your campaign as an HTML file. In this article, we will see how you can upload your HTML file to create your campaign.
Before you start
- Make sure you have completed all the steps, except Design your campaign, from Creating an email campaign.
- Some email clients do not support all HTLM content as email HTML isn't as developed as web HTML. To avoid issues with your code in the HTML editor and block, check our dedicated article Limitations when using HTML for your email campaigns.
Upload an HTML file
- Open the HTML file to view the code. You can either:
- Open the file in a text editor if you have one, or
- Open the file in your browser, click right on the page and select View Page Source.
- Select the entire code and copy it.
- From the Design section of your campaign creation flow, click Design email.
- From the Select a template page, click on the Code your own tab and click on Use HTML Editor.
- Paste the code in the HTML editor and click Save.
- A small preview of your campaign is displayed in the Design section of your campaign creation flow.
Optional: Click Actions > Save as template to save your HTML design as a template and reuse it in future campaigns or automations. Name it to easily find and recognize it in your email templates list and click Save as template.
You can now preview and test your email campaign to see if it works. To learn more, check our dedicated article How to test your email campaign