If you are migrating from another app, you'll need to import your blocklisted contacts into Brevo. This is an important step to ensure that you don't reach out to contacts who may be invalid or who may have unsubscribed from your communications.
Good to know
- To learn more about blocklisted contacts and the reasons why they can get blocklisted, check our dedicated article What are the different types of blocklisted contacts?.
- If you need to only blocklist a single contact, check our dedicated article about how to manually subscribe or blocklist a contact.
Import a list of blocklisted contacts
To import a list of blocklisted contacts, you have to:
- Create an import file that contains your blocklisted contacts.
- Import it into Brevo.
- Map the data of the contacts to your Brevo attributes.
- Add the contacts to a specific list.
- Mark the contacts as blocklisted from specific communication channels (email, SMS, and/or WhatsApp campaigns).
To learn how to create your import file, import your contacts, map the data of your import file, and add your contacts to a list, check our dedicated article about importing contacts to Brevo.
Blocklist your imported contacts
Before finishing the import of your contacts, you need to mark them as blocklisted in Brevo by enabling the following options:
- Blocklist your contacts from receiving your email campaigns.
- Blocklist your contacts from receiving your SMS campaigns.
- Blocklist your contacts from receiving your WhatsApp campaigns.
Once you're done, click Confirm your import to begin the import of your blocklisted contacts. You will then be redirected back to the Contacts page.
Once your import is complete, you'll be able to download a report with the details of your import, including the number of added contacts, number of existing contacts, number of invalid email addresses, etc. You will also receive an email notification with this summary.
Here's how blocklisted contacts will appear on your Contacts page:
⏩ What's next?
- Why not delete contacts who are blocklisted?
- Where can I view my blocklisted contacts? (unsubscriptions, complaints, hard bounces)
- Remove a contact from your blocklist