You can quickly add or update multiple companies by uploading a comma-separated value (CSV) file that contains the companies that your contacts work in, as well as their attributes.
If you only want to import one company, you can easily create it from our company form. To learn more, check our dedicated article Create a company.
Good to know
- Make sure you follow our formatting guidelines to prepare your import file before uploading it into Brevo.
- Note that you can only import one file at a time.
- If you plan on importing custom attributes for your companies, you can either create them before the import or while mapping the attributes during the import.
- When importing new companies, you can associate them with existing contacts or deals. To do so, include the ID or email address of the existing contacts and the ID of the existing deals directly in your import file. To learn more, check our dedicated article Associate your companies, deals, and contacts.
- If you are planning on updating existing companies, we recommend you check our dedicated article about updating your companies in bulk.
Import your companies
Once your import file is ready, you can start importing your companies. Note that you can only import one file at a time so, if you have several import files, you'll have to follow this procedure for each file.
Upload your data
- Go to Deals > Companies.
- Click Import companies.
- Select your import file or drag and drop it within the outlined area.
- You will see a preview of the companies and attribute data to be imported. The header row shown in the preview is the same as the one in your import file.
- If the companies and attributes are separated correctly, click Confirm your file.
Map your data
You will now indicate how we should match the data from your import file to your list of companies. If you have already created your custom attributes, we will attempt to correctly match the data from your file to an existing company attribute.
If some data wasn't mapped to the right attribute or at all, you can map it manually:
- In the Company attribute column, click the drop-down menu next to the data you want to map.
- Select the attribute that you want to map with your data.
If some of the data included in your import file shouldn't be imported into Brevo, you can cancel its import:
- In the Company attribute column, click the drop-down menu next to the data you don't want to import.
- Select Do not import.
If you've not created a custom attribute included in your import file before the import, you can create it directly from here:
- In the Company attribute column, click the drop-down menu next to the data for which you want to create an attribute.
- Select Add a new attribute.
- Enter the new attribute name.
- Click Create. For the Category type attributes, you'll have to add the labels of each category that you want to create.
Once you are done with the mapping of your data, click Confirm mapping.
Finalize your import
Based on the content of your import, you may have to confirm a few additional settings:
Import empty fields
When importing existing companies, you can delete their attribute data by replacing the existing data in your file with empty fields and enabling the Import empty fields to erase existing attribute data option.
If you do not want to erase any existing data, keep the option disabled to keep the attributes unchanged, even if there are empty fields in your import file.
If you associated your companies with existing contacts or deals during the import, you'll have to choose if you want to link or unlink them. To learn more, check our dedicated article Associate your companies, deals, and contacts.
Once you are done, click Confirm your import to begin the import process. Note that large imports may take a few moments to process fully. Once your import is completed, you will be redirected to your Companies page.
In the confirmation banner, click See import report to access a report that summarizes the details of your import, including the number of imported or not imported companies, the number of new or updated companies, and the number of associated objects.
If a company was not imported, you can download an error report with information about the companies that couldn't be imported and the reasons.