In this article, we will overview the main reasons why you might not receive your Web push notifications as a subscriber.
We've created a series of articles to help you get started with sending Web push campaigns:
- What are Web push notifications?
- Part 1: Set up Web push notifications
- Part 2: Create your Web push campaign
- Part 3: Review and manage your Web push campaign
- Troubleshooting: Why do I not receive Web push notifications? - YOU ARE HERE
🍏 Your device is on iOS
Apple mobile devices do not support Web push notifications.
🕵️ You are on a private (incognito) window
Web push does not work in a private (incognito) window because this mode hides your user's profile.
🔕 Web push notifications are disabled on your browser
Make sure notifications are enabled on your website:
- Click the lock icon on your website's URL address bar.
- Check if notifications are enabled on your website.
👁️ Chrome is not showing Web push notifications
If you don't receive Web push notifications on Google Chrome, this might be because Google Chrome notifications are disabled on your device's system.
- From Google Chrome, use a tool, such as Pushpad, to check that you receive Web Push notifications.
- If it doesn't work, try your Web push notifications with another browser (Edge, Firefox, Safari etc.)
If you managed to receive Web push notifications on another browser, but not on Chrome, check if Google Chrome notifications are enabled:
- Go to your Settings > System.
- Click Notifications.
- Scroll down and toggle on notifications for Google Chrome.
- Go to the System Settings.
- Click Notifications > Google Chrome. You may have to scroll down.
- Toggle on Allow notifications.
- Make sure Banners or Alerts is selected.
🎧 The "Do Not Disturb" or "Focus" features are enabled on your device
The Do Not Disturb (on Mac) and Focus (on Windows) features block notifications on your device so that you can stay focused. Make sure these features are deactivated on your device to receive Web push notifications.
- Click the time and date in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click End session to deactivate the Focus.
- Click the moon icon in the top bar.
- Click Do Not Disturb to deactivate it.