Choosing a sender for your newsletter is an important step. The sender is visible in your sent email, allowing your contacts to recognize you easily. This is what makes your recipients feel confident about opening your newsletter. Choosing a sender is a twofold process: selecting a name (e.g. Abby from The Green Yoga) and an email address (e.g. email@example.com). You can create multiple senders.
There are several instances where you will be asked to create or choose a sender:
- When you subscribe to Brevo, you must verify your account email address. Once it has been verified, it can be used as a sender. It cannot be deleted, but you can add new senders.
- When you create an email campaign or template, you will be asked to choose a sender.
Before you start
- If you purchased one or more dedicated IPs, you first need to associate your domain with your dedicated IP. To learn more, check our dedicated article Setting up a dedicated IP in Brevo.
- We highly recommend verifying and authenticating your domain before creating a sender:
Verifying your domain allows you to approve new senders automatically without verifying each of them manually. To learn more, check our dedicated article Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically.
Authenticating your domain improves the deliverability of your email. To learn more, check our dedicated article Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (DKIM).
Create a sender
- Click your account name.
- Go to Senders & IP > Senders.
- Click Add a sender.
- Enter the From name and From email that will appear as the sender name and email in your recipient's mailbox.
- Optional: If you purchased dedicated IPs, select the dedicated IP(s) to which you want to associate with this sender by clicking Manage the pool of IPs. To learn more, check our dedicated article Use a pool of dedicated IPs.
- Click Save.
- Depending on your situation:
If you authenticated your domain, your sender is automatically verified. You don't need to do anything else!If you did not verify your domain, you have to verify your sender to be able to use it. Simply enter the 6-digit code sent to your sender's email address.
Your list of senders is now updated with a new one! 🚀
Using your sender in your email campaigns
You can create as many senders as you want. You can choose which one you want to use when sending your email campaigns during the From step:
⏩ What's next?
- Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically
- Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (DKIM)
- Setting up a dedicated IP in Brevo
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.