In order for us to provide you with the best environment to send your campaigns, we are constantly monitoring the reputation of our shared and dedicated IPs used to send email campaigns. This monitoring can lead to an account suspension in specific cases.
If you tried to log in to Brevo but got this message, it means that your marketing platform was suspended:
Why did I get suspended?
Brevo uses shared IPs and dedicated IPs. As a trusted email service provider, recognized as fighting against spam by the email community, Brevo closely monitors both shared IPs and dedicated IPs in order to maintain sufficient metrics with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) such as Gmail or Outlook, so that your emails continue to arrive in the client's recipient inbox.
To make sure you are in the best position to be successful using Brevo, we sometimes need to take a closer look at your campaign results. This check is essential to guarantee optimal security and deliverability for our users.
If when sending a campaign we detect that something is wrong (negative results of an email campaign), your marketing platform (Campaigns) can be suspended. This is usually caused by high complaints, hard bounces, spam traps and/or unsubscriptions.
To reactivate your account, you need to follow our guidelines below. After putting these pieces of advice into place, you'll be able to revalidate your account on your own.
What should I do to reactivate my account?
In our Compliance page, you'll find a list of actions to do before reactivating your account. These actions are here to ensure you'll get better results for your next campaigns; you need to take them before reactivating your account. Otherwise, if your campaigns get negative results again, it will lead to the permanent suspension of your account.
We'll detail here what you need to do below.
✅ Make sure your contact database is legitimate
Start with making sure that all of your contacts are expecting to receive your emails:
- Use a double opt-in subscription form that includes a recaptcha to collect valid emails addresses.
📚 Create a double opt-in (DOI) confirmation template for Brevo form
- Only send the kind of content your subscribers have opted in to receive.
📚 Best practices for email deliverability
- Only send to contacts who gave their consent to receive your communications.
📚 How to ensure that my contacts list is legitimate and can receive my marketing communications?
🗑️ Maintain your database
It's very important for you to identify contacts who have not been engaging with your content and add them to your blocklist on a regular basis. This will allow you to ensure that you're focusing your energy and email credits on contacts more likely to engage with your emails. The more contacts engage with your content, the more likely your content will reach their inbox in the future.
- Remove non-existent and generic email addresses
- Remove unengaged contacts
- Remove old contacts
- Make it easy to unsubscribe
📚 All the information your need to clean your contact database is in our dedicated article: Optimize and clean your contact list to improve email deliverability
👌 Use optimal sender configuration
When an email is sent, the recipient's email provider runs some checks to see if the message is sent by an authorized sender and can block an email if it's not the case. To confirm your identity to providers, two steps:
- Use an email address with a custom domain name, which recipients can easily associate to the business you're advertizing for. If your domain is called yourbusiness.com, your email should look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then, you'll want to sign your emails with your custom domain. This will help email providers confirm your identity. To do this, you'll need to add records from Brevo onto your domain's DNS panel, it's called domain authentication.
📚 Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (DKIM).
📚 About domain authentication (DKIM)
Summary of what you need to do
- Remove non-existent, generic, unengaged, and old email addresses
- Authenticate your domain
- Only send to contacts who gave their consent and are expected to receive your emails
- Only send the kind of content your subscribers have opted in to receive
- Make sure that your sender name/address are easy to recognize for your contacts
- Send consistently: at the right time and frequency
- Make it easy to unsubscribe
Is my subscription paused while my account is suspended?
No your subscription is not paused, it will keep running even though your campaign or account has been suspended. It means you will still be paying for your plan during this time. Make sure to take the above action as quickly as possible to revalidate your account.
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.