To keep track of who is responsible for each of your contacts in Brevo, you can assign a user from your organization as their owner.
Before you start
Make sure you have added the user(s) you want to assign to your contacts to your Brevo account. To learn more, check our dedicated article Add and manage users on your Brevo account.
Manually assign an owner to a contact
You can manually assign an owner when creating a new contact manually or importing multiple contacts from a file:
|When creating a new contact manually, select the contact owner you want to assign from the CONTACT OWNER dropdown menu. To learn more about creating a contact, check our dedicated article Add a single contact to a list.|
|When importing multiple contacts from a file, add a CONTACT_OWNER field in the first row of your import file and enter the name of the contact owner for each contact. To learn more about setting up an import file, check our dedicated article Set up a file to import your contacts.|
To manually assign an owner to an existing contact:
- Go to Contacts.
- Select one or several contacts to which you want to assign an owner:
- To select multiple individual contacts, select the checkboxes next to the contacts.
- To select all of the contacts on your current page, select the checkbox at the top left of the table.
- To select all of the contacts on your current list or database, select the checkbox at the top left of the table and click Select all contacts.
Click More actions > Assign.
- Select a user from your organization in the list and click Assign.
Automatically assign an owner to a contact
With Automations, you can easily automate the process of assigning an owner to your contacts. For instance, you can choose to assign an owner to the contacts who fill in your subscription form, to contacts who reach a certain lead score, or to contacts who purchase a specific product on your website.
To automatically assign an owner to a contact, add the Assign a user to the contact step after adding the entry point of your automation and any steps you want your contacts to go through before being assigned an owner.
To add the Assign a user to the contact step to your automation:
- In your automation, click the + button.
- Select Perform a CRM action > Assign a user to the contact.
- Choose how you want to assign the owner:
- Assignment to a specific user: Select the user who will be assigned as the owner for all contacts going through this step.
- Assignment to a user using a rotation: Select several users who will be randomly assigned as owners for the contacts going through this step.
- Select Assign to a single user.
- Select a user from the dropdown.
- Click OK.
The selected user will now be assigned as the owner for all contacts going through this step.
- Select Assign using a rotation between selected users.
- Select select several users from the list.
- Click OK.
The selected users will now be randomly assigned as owners for the contacts going through this step.
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.