Good to know
- To learn what pre-made workflow templates are available and how to use them, check our dedicated help center section.
- To learn how to create your own custom workflow, check our dedicated article.
- To learn about the entry points, actions, and conditions available in Automation, check our dedicated articles:
To start with, you can take a look at our video tutorial on how to create a workflow to automatically create tasks 🚀.
In our example below, we create a workflow to automate the creation of a task called "Get back to client" after a contact fills in our subscription form and is added to our contact list called "My CRM list".
1️⃣ Create your automation
- Go to Automations.
- Click Create an automation.
- Select a predefined automation or create a custom one:
- Predefined automation: select an automation and click Use this automation.
- Custom automation: click Custom automation, set it up, and indicate an entry point. In our example, we added the entry point A contact submits a form.
- Optional: Add any steps you'd like your contacts to go through before reaching the Create a task step. In our example, we added the step A contact is added to a list and selected our "My CRM list".
2️⃣ Add the "Create a task" step
To be able to automatically create a task, you need to add the Create a task step to your workflow:
- Click +.
- Select Perform a CRM action > Create a task.
- Set up your task:
- Category: select what type of task you want to create (Email, Call, Todo, Meeting, Lunch, or Deadline.)
- (Optional) Title: enter the name of your task. The placeholder text will be the default value if you don't specify a name.
- Due date: select a due date for the task (immediate or a certain number of days after the task is created). You can also select the duration of the task.
- (Optional) Notes: add some information about the task, e.g. important details that you shouldn't forget to tell the client.
- (Optional) Assignment: select whether the task should be assigned to the contact owner, to a specific user, or if it shouldn't be assigned.
- Click Ok.
- Optional: Add any steps you'd like your contacts to go through after reaching the Create a task step.
- Once you're done creating the workflow, click Activate the workflow.
Now, anytime your contacts will go through the workflow, a task will be automatically created.
⏩ What's next?
- Create a task
- Create an automation to automatically create deals
- Create an automation after a deal stage is updated
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.