In this article, we will explain how to use and send an email template that you have created in Brevo.
Before you start
- To learn more about the differences between the email templates used for email campaigns, Marketing Automation workflows, and transactional emails, read What are email templates in Brevo?.
Use a template for an email campaign
You can send an email campaign using an email template by creating a new campaign and selecting a saved email template or the design of a recent email campaign you created.
To send an email campaign using an email template:
- Go to Campaigns > Email.
- Click Create a new campaign.
- Setup your campaign by adding its name, sender, etc.
- At the Design step of the campaign creation, click Campaigns to reuse a recent email design, or My templates to use a saved email template.
- Select the email template you want to use.
- If necessary, edit the design of your email template.
- Once you are done, choose your recipients and schedule the sending of your email campaign.
Use a template in a Marketing Automation workflow
When selecting the Send an email to a contact action in a Marketing Automation workflow, you can choose an email template you have already created or create a new one.
To learn how to create a Marketing Automation, read Creating a custom Marketing Automation workflow.
Use a template for a transactional email
You can trigger the sending of a transactional email template using one of the following methods:
- Via the SMTP API (v3) by using the Send a transactional email call.
- Via SMTP relay, a method used by many popular plugins to deliver emails created by the plugin using our SMTP platform.
- When creating a new campaign by selecting the transactional email template during the Design step of the campaign creation.
⏩ What's next?
- Create an email template
- Edit an email template
- Personalize your email with contact attributes
- Dynamically customize transactional email templates
- Share and import an email template
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.