Managing the subscription status of your contacts is essential for effective communication and customer relations. It involves handling their preferences for receiving your marketing and transactional communications. By respecting individual choices and staying compliant with regulations, you can build stronger relationships with your audience and achieve greater success.
Good to know
- To learn more about blocklisted contacts and the reasons why they can get blocklisted, check our dedicated article What are the different types of blocklisted contacts?.
In Brevo, you have the option to re-subscribe a blocklisted contact, but it is important to note that doing so would be considered illegal if the contact has explicitly requested to be blocklisted to stop receiving your communications.
What are the different subscription statuses?
Contacts may have different subscription statuses depending on the communication channel. For example, they may be subscribed to your email campaigns but blocklisted from your SMS campaigns.
Here are the three subscription statuses available in Brevo:
The contact has explicitly consented to receive your communications. You can contact them through the channel they are subscribed to.
The contact has been blocklisted from receiving your communications. You cannot contact them through the channel they are blocklisted from.
Manage the subscription status of a single contact
Go to Contacts and select a contact to open their details page.
Under the Subscriptions section, click the Email, SMS, or WhatsApp campaigns dropdown:
- Select Subscribed to subscribe the contact to all your email, SMS, or WhatsApp campaigns, respectively.
- Select Blocklisted to blocklist the contact from your email, SMS, or WhatsApp campaigns, respectively.
When a web push contact has been identified, you can view that they are subscribed to your web push campaigns from the Subscriptions section. However, you cannot blocklist them yourself.
Under the Subscriptions section, click the Transactional emails dropdown:
- Select Approve all senders to approve the sending of transactional emails to the contact (from any of your senders).
- Select Block all senders to block the sending of transactional emails to the contact (from any of your senders).
Toggle the button next to a specific sender to:
- Approve the sending of transactional emails to the contact from this specific sender, or
- Block the sending of transactional emails to the contact from this specific sender.
Under the Subscriptions section, click the Transactional SMS dropdown:
- Select Approved to approve the sending of transactional SMS to the contact.
- Select Blocked to block the sending of transactional SMS to the contact.
Manually blocklist multiple contacts
To manually blocklist several contacts from your email campaigns:
- Go to Contacts.
Select the contacts you want to blocklist:
- To select multiple individual contacts, select the checkboxes next to the contacts.
- To select all of the contacts on your current page, select the checkbox at the top left of the table.
- To select all of the contacts on your current list or database, select the checkbox at the top left of the table and click Select all contacts.
- Click Blocklist.
- Enter the number of selected contacts to confirm.
- Click Blocklist.