Segments allow you to save search conditions and reuse them in Brevo.
Since segments are a dynamic feature, once you create a segment it will take into account any new data without needing to be manually updated.
Before you start
Learn how to create segments in our dedicated article Create a segment.
Use segments to manage your contacts
You can use saved segments to filter and manage your contacts:
- Go to Contacts.
- Click Load a list/segment.
- Go to the Segments tab.
- Select the saved segment that you want to use to filter your contacts.
- Select the checkbox at the top left of the table and click Select all the contacts to select all the contacts in the segment.
- Perform a bulk action on your contacts:
Use segments to send email campaigns
Targeting specific segments of contacts is a good idea to maximize the chances of them engaging with your content. You can choose to send an email campaign to specific segments of contacts and filter the contacts you don't want to send it to.
Use segments in an automation
Using a segment in an automation allows you to filter contacts based on the conditions you specified in the segment. There are several things you can do with segments in an automation:
- Using the Contact filter conditions entry point:
- Launch an automation when a contact matches one of your segments, e.g., launch an automation to automatically send an introduction email to contacts who are assigned to you.
- Using the If/Else conditions > Contact details > Contact filter conditions :
- Exclude contacts who match one of your segments from the automation by adding actions only in the No branch, e.g., Exclude blocklisted contacts from receiving marketing emails sent through an automation.
- Perform actions only on contacts who match one of your segments by adding actions only in the Yes branch.
- Perform different actions on contacts who match or don't match one of your segments by adding different steps in the Yes and No branches.