Tired of being charged according to the size of your contact database? Would you like to enjoy free features and only pay for what you need? Then it is time to migrate to Brevo!
About the Mailchimp integration
The Mailchimp integration for Brevo is free. It allows you to sync your contacts from Mailchimp to Brevo at a custom frequency, which means that:
- Your existing and new contacts are imported from Mailchimp to Brevo.
- If you update your contacts in Mailchimp, the changes are reflected in Brevo.
The Mailchimp integration has some limitations:
- You can sync up to 130k contacts from Mailchimp to Brevo.
- Contacts created or updated in Brevo will not be reflected in Mailchimp.
- Your contacts will be subscribed to your email campaigns and transactional emails in Brevo.
Before you start
- Sign up for a Brevo account. You can choose either a free or paid plan, depending on your needs. To learn more and choose the best plan for you, check our dedicated article About Brevo pricing plans.
- Make sure your Mailchimp contact lists are complete and cleaned and that they only contain contacts who consented to receive updates from you.
Part 1: Set up the Mailchimp Integration
Now that you are convinced that Brevo is the best platform for your needs, you can import your Mailchimp contacts to Brevo. It starts with the setup of the Mailchimp integration:
- Go to the Mailchimp integration setup page.
- Give a name to the integration.
- Click Create integration.
Connect your Mailchimp account to Brevo
Connect the integration to your Mailchimp account to retrieve the data of your contacts:
- Click Connect your account. You are redirected to the Mailchimp login page.
Log into your Mailchimp account and allow Brevo to access it.
- Click Continue.
Select your Mailchimp lists
Select the Mailchimp lists that you want to import to Brevo:
- Select in the drop-down the Mailchimp lists that you want to import to Brevo.
- Click Use this list.
Map your Mailchimp data to your Brevo attributes
Indicate how Brevo should match the data of your contacts from your Mailchimp account:
- From the Mailchimp Contacts Attributes column, select in the dropdown list the Mailchimp data fields you want to map to Brevo contact attributes.
- Optional: To ignore an attribute, choose Do not import from the dropdown list.
- Optional: To create a new attribute:
- Choose Create a new attribute from the dropdown list.
- Give a name to the attribute.
- Select an attribute type.
- Click Create.
- Once you are done, click Map Attributes.
Select your Brevo list
Select in which Brevo list you want to import your Mailchimp contacts:
- In the Select a list tab, select the existing list in which you want to import your Mailchimp contacts.
- Click Use this list.
- In the Create a list tab, create a new list in which you want to import your Mailchimp contacts.
- Select the folder in which you want to store the new list.
- Click Create this list.
Set the sync frequency
Choose the frequency at which new and updated contacts should be synced to Brevo. You can select one of the following frequencies:
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- 1 day (default frequency)
- 7 days
- 30 days
Confirm the consent of your contacts
Only contacts who have consented to receive updates from you in the last two years can be imported into Brevo. That's why, before activating the integration, we ask you to confirm that your import adheres to our conditions:
- If you are importing only contacts who have consented to receive updates from you, check the box.
- If you are importing contacts who have not consented to receive updates from you (e.g. contacts from a purchased or rented list), make sure you clean your Mailchimp contact list and remove any contact that does not adhere to our conditions before restarting the integration setup again.
Activate the integration
To enable the integration, click Save and activate. You will be redirected to the My Integrations page, where you can view and manage the new Mailchimp integration.
Part 2: Check your contacts
Now that you have connected and configured the Mailchimp integration in Brevo, your Mailchimp contacts will be imported into Brevo. The synchronization process may take several minutes, depending on the number of contacts to import. You will receive an email once the import and synchronization of your Mailchimp contacts to Brevo are done.
Once you receive the email, access the list by going to Contacts > Lists and choosing the folder in which you created it. You will see that your Mailchimp contacts details have been added to the list of contacts you selected during the Mailchimp integration setup:
Part 3: Start using Brevo features
Now that your contacts have been imported to Brevo, you can start using our features to connect with your contacts and grow your business:
- Engage your contacts using our friendly email design tool.
- Automate your marketing using our email, SMS, website tracking, and more.
- Send one-to-one emails with optimal deliverability and powerful tracking.
- Talk with your website and social media visitors in real time.
- Manage your leads and conversion process.
- Integrate Brevo with your website and favorite apps.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.