Automation logs correspond to information about your workflows, such as the contacts currently waiting in your workflows, the different steps they go through, and the actions they perform.
You will find 3 types of logs in Automation:
Types of logs
The Workflow logs correspond to the path of a contact within a workflow: the entry, waiting and exit stages. You can use the workflow logs to look at your contacts' complete journey in a workflow.
When looking at a specific log, you will find information about the step of a workflow:
- message: action recorded in the log (e.g. "Contact has exited workflow", "Email was sent", "Opened the campaign", etc.)
- type: type of the log (e.g. form, identify, anniversary, templates_clicked, etc.)
- scenario_name: name of the workflow
- start_id: id of the entry point (in case of workflows with multiple entry points)
- workflow_points: workflow entry or exit (start, restart, or exit)
- date: date when the log was recorded
- user_email: email address of the contact in the workflow
- step_id: id of the step the contact was in when the log was recorded
Event logs correspond to the actions performed by your contacts on your automation and transactional emails, or their behavior on your website:
Visits and track events on your website:
The pages visited and track events are recorded in the event logs when contacts are identified by the Brevo tracker and Identify function.
Completion of a form:
Contacts who fill in a Brevo subscription form are recorded in the event logs.
The adding of a list:
Contacts automatically added to one of your contact lists in Brevo (for example, through an Automation workflow) are recorded in the event logs.
The opening, clicking and unsubscribing of a message:
Contacts' actions on your emails are recorded in the event logs.
These events can then be used as entry points in other workflows.
When looking at a specific log, you will find information about the event:
- contact_id: id of the contact who performed the action
- created_at: date when the log was recorded
- email_id: email address of the contact who performed the action
- message_id: id of the transactional email
- sib_type: type of the log (e.g. form, identify, anniversary, templates_clicked, etc.)
- template_id: id of the email template sent
Contacts in Workflows
The Contacts in Workflows tab allows you to see the contacts that are currently in one or more workflows.
You can manually remove contacts from a workflow by selecting them from the list and clicking ACTION > Remove selected contacts from workflows.
Download your logs
You can download your Workflow and Event logs by clicking the Download in CSV button.