In this article, we will explain how to sync a contact list on Brevo via an SFTP/FTP server in a matter of minutes and without a single line of code. This will help you to keep your contacts always up-to-date on Brevo.
Before you start
- We currently support .csv (comma-separated values) files, i.e. each value in your file must be separated by a comma only. We don’t support semicolon or tab-separated values.
- Your file must contain some data for you to be able to see attributes in the mapping step.
- The following IP will be used to send information via the FTP server: 18.104.22.168. We recommend that you contact your IT department and ask them to add it to your allow list.
Setting up the FTP Contacts Integration
Add the FTP contacts integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click your profile and select Plugins & Integrations.
- Select the FTP contacts integration from the App Store.
- Enter an integration name as shown below.
- Click on Create Integration to move onto the Integration Creation page.
Connect to your FTP server
- To connect your remote host, fill in your credentials:
- Host (URL or IP address),
- Port (optional).
Click on Quick connect to connect to the entered FTP host.
After a few seconds, you will see a success or a failure message as a result of the connection attempt:
✅ If the connection was successful, click on Continue.
❗️ If your credentials are wrong, you won't be able to proceed and will have to provide the correct credentials. This error message will be displayed: "Impossible to connect to the server".
Select a file
- Select the file from your remote host that you want to sync contacts with. You have to choose the following two things:
Select a folder: Click on the first drop-down to see the list of available folders in your FTP account. You will also see the root folder as `/`.
❗️ ImportantOnly the root folder and folders on the same level can be selected.
Select a file: Once you have selected a folder, you can select a file from the second drop-down. You can select a .csv or .txt file.
You can also add a new file to your FTP account and click on the refresh button on the right to refresh the list of files.
After you provide the file and folder, an Opt-in Agreement will appear.
- Check the agreement box to sync contacts in the file with your Brevo account.
- Click on Continue.
- Select a folder: Click on the first drop-down to see the list of available folders in your FTP account. You will also see the root folder as `/`.
Map your remote file data fields with your Brevo contacts attributes
- Optional: To import your contacts as blocklisted contacts, check the Contact Blocklisting box.
- Map your Brevo contact attributes with your FTP attributes using the drop-down lists.
- Click on Continue.
Select a Brevo contact list
- You can select an existing list or create a new one using the tabs. Your remote file contacts will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click on Continue.
Set import frequency
- Choose how frequently the selected FTP file will be read from the server and synced with your Brevo list. You can specify when your files should be read and synched:
- Specific days of the week: select the day(s) the time at which the file should be read and synched.
- Specific day of the month: specify a single day of the month and the time at which the file should be read and synched.
- Once the import frequency is set, click on Continue.
Save your integration
You're almost finished, just click on Save and Activate now. You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stopped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.