The Contacts page offers displays your list of contacts and allows you to perform more advanced actions on your contacts:
- Search for contacts within a specific list or segment.
- Use simple or advanced search criteria.
- Perform actions on the segmented contacts (blocklist, export as a CSV, etc.).
Overview of the Contacts page
At the top-right side of the page, you'll find the contact import buttons:
- Import contacts: import a file or copy-paste multiple contacts at once. To learn more, check our dedicated article Import contacts to Brevo.
- Create a contact: manually add a single contact to Brevo. To learn more, check our dedicated article Add a single contact to Brevo.
Saved lists and segments
You can search based on all of your contacts, within a specific list, or within a specific segment:
- All contacts: search within your whole contact list.
- Load a list/Segment: search within an existing list or segment of contacts.
Create a segment
For a more advanced search, you can create and save a segment of contacts directly from the Contacts page by clicking + Add a filter. You can then use these saved segments to send email campaigns and manage your contacts.
To learn more about creating a segment, check our dedicated article Create a segment.
With the new contact listing page, you can:
- View your contacts: have an overview of your contacts' information and access their details page by clicking on their info in the CONTACT column.
💡 Good to knowBy default, we display your contact's name in the CONTACT column. However, if no name is registered in their information, we will display their email address, phone number, or WhatsApp phone number, in this order.
- Select your contacts:
- To select multiple individual contacts, select the checkboxes next to the contacts.
- To select the contacts on your current page, select the checkbox at the top left of the table.
- To select all the contacts on your current list or database, select the checkbox at the top left of the table and click Select all the # contacts."
- Search for contacts by Name, Email, SMS, or WhatsApp number: do a quick search by email by typing the email address (or a part of it) of the contact(s) you're searching for.
- Edit the contact listing columns: choose which attributes you want to display in your contact listing and in which order.
- Perform actions on your contacts: add them to an existing list, move them to a list, remove them from a specific list or from all lists they're part of, blocklist them, delete them permanently, or export them as a CSV file.
- Perform actions on your anonymous contacts: add them to a list or delete them permanently.
FAQs - Missing features
Can I still access my previously saved filters and dynamic lists?
The Contacts page comes with a new segmentation feature: Segments. This feature is an improved version of the deprecated Advanced Search and Segmentation and Dynamic List features available on the previous version of the Contacts page.
Note that you can still access your previously saved filters and dynamic lists:
- Your saved filters are available from Contacts > Segments under the Archived Filters category.
- Your saved dynamic lists are available from Contacts > Segments under the Dynamic Lists Filters category.
To learn more about your previously saved filters and dynamic lists and how to use them in the new contact listing, check our dedicated article Can I still use my previously saved filters and dynamic lists?.
Can I generate random samples of contacts?
Random sampling has been deprecated and is not available anymore.
Can I delete duplicate contacts?
The option to delete duplicate contacts directly from the Contacts page will be available soon.
For now, you can delete duplicate contacts by going to the Lists page, clicking Actions > List settings next to the list the duplicate contacts are in, and selecting either:
- Delete contacts in this list from other lists, or
- Delete contacts that exist in other lists from this list.
Can I delete an attribute for several contacts at once?
The option to delete an attribute for several contacts at once will be available soon.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.