When we are asking for help it is always reassuring to know who we are talking to. This is why it is important to set up your chat operator profile with your name and picture, this way your visitors will trust you more and won't hesitate to ask for your help.
From Settings > Chat profile, you can add your name and picture to your profile but also set up operating hours. To learn more, check our dedicated article Set up operating hours. You can also set advanced customizations for your chat operator profile. Each agent, has access to their Chat operator profile and can make changes if needed.
Set up your Chat profile
The agents' names and pictures are the first things that will be visible to visitors once they open the chat widget. Seeing a name and a friendly picture will encourage them to ask for help and possibly lead to a purchase or contract with you.
- Go to Settings > Chat profile.
- In the Your name field, enter your name. We recommend typing your full name or simply your first name like "Betty Duncan" or "Betty". Avoid "Betty D.".
- Optional: In the Title field, enter your role in the company. We recommend using a role name that makes sense to your visitors, such as Sales representative or Support team member.
- From the Photo section, click on Choose an image. You can upload a picture from your computer, take a picture with your camera, choose a picture from your Facebook or Instagram account, or paste a link to your picture. We recommend using a real and friendly picture of you that will give trust to your visitors.
- [Recommended] Check the Show me on the welcome screen in the chat window box to have your picture and name displayed on the chat widget when visitors open it. The pictures and names of all the agents that checked this box will be visible on the chat widget when they are online.
You can go further in the customization of your chat profile and discover the operating hours and advanced settings of Chat profile. To learn more, check our dedicated article Set up different availability settings for each agent.
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.