Google Contacts is a contact management tool that allows you to organize, review, and merge your contacts in Google. If you are currently storing your contacts in Google, you can simply import your Google contacts into Brevo by following the procedure below.
About the Google Contacts integration
The Google Contacts integration for Brevo is free. It allows you to sync your contacts from Google Contacts to Brevoat a custom frequency, which means that:
- Your existing and new contacts are imported from Google Contacts to Brevo.
- If you update your contacts in Google Contacts, the changes are reflected in Brevo.
The Google Contacts integration has some limitations:
- You can sync up to 130k contacts from Google Contacts to Brevo.
- Contacts created or updated in Brevo will not be reflected in Google Contacts.
Before you start
- Sign up for a Brevo account. You can choose either a free or paid plan, depending on your needs. To learn more and choose the best plan for you, check our dedicated article About Brevo pricing plans.
- Make sure your Google Contacts list is complete and clean and that it only contains contacts who consented to receive updates from you.
Part 1: Set up the Google Contacts Integration
To sync your Google contacts to Brevo, start by setting up the Google Contacts integration:
- Go to the Google Contacts integration setup page.
- Give a name to the integration.
- Click Continue.
Connect your Google account to Brevo
Connect the integration to your Google account to retrieve the data of your contacts:
- Click Connect your account. You are redirected to the Google login page.
Log into your Google account and allow Brevo to access it.
- Click Continue.
Map your data
Indicate how Brevo should match the data of your contacts from your Google account:
- From the Google Contacts Attributes column, select in the drop-down list the Google Contacts data fields you want to map to Brevo contact attributes.
- Optional: To ignore an attribute, choose Do not import from the dropdown list.
- Optional: To create a new attribute:
- Choose Create a new attribute from the dropdown list.
- Give a name to the attribute.
- Select an attribute type.
- Click Create.
- Once you are done, click Map Attributes.
Select your Brevo list
Select in which Brevo list you want to import your Google contacts:
- In the Select a list tab, select the existing list in which you want to import your Google contacts.
- Click Use this list.
- In the Create a list tab, create a new list in which you want to import your Google contacts.
- Select the folder in which you want to store the new list.
- Click Create this list.
Set the sync frequency
Choose the frequency at which new and updated contacts should be synced to Brevo. You can select one of the following frequencies:
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- 1 day (default frequency)
- 7 days
- 30 days
Confirm the consent of your contacts
Only contacts who have consented to receive updates from you in the last two years can be imported into Brevo. That's why, before activating the integration, we ask you to confirm that your import adheres to our conditions:
- If you are importing only contacts who have consented to receive updates from you, check the box.
- If you are importing contacts who have not consented to receive updates from you (e.g. contacts from a purchased or rented list), make sure you clean your Google contact list and remove any contact that does not adhere to our conditions before restarting the integration setup again.
Activate the integration
To activate the integration, click Save settings and activate app. You will be redirected to the My Integrations page, where you can view and manage the new Google Contacts integration.
Part 2: Check your contacts
Now that you have connected and configured the Google Contacts integration in Brevo, your Google contacts will be imported into Brevo. The sync process may take several minutes depending on the number of contacts to import. You will receive an email once the import and sync of your Google contacts to Brevo are done.
Once you receive the email, access the list by going to Contacts > Lists and choosing the folder in which you created it. You will see that your Google contacts details have been added to the list of contacts you selected during the Google Contacts integration setup:
Part 3: Start using Brevo features
Now that your contacts have been imported to Brevo, you can start using our features to connect with your contacts and grow your business:
- Engage your contacts using our friendly email design tool.
- Automate your marketing using our email, SMS, website tracking, and more.
- Send one-to-one emails with optimal deliverability and powerful tracking.
- Talk with your website and social media visitors in real-time.
- Manage your leads and conversion process.
- Integrate Brevo with your website and favorite apps.
⏩ What's next?
- Google Contacts integration - Sync your new contacts from Google to Brevo with Zapier
- Manage your integrations
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.