Tired of being charged according to the size of your contact database? Would you like to enjoy free features and only pay for what you need? Then it is time to migrate to Brevo!
Good to know
- Contacts created in Brevo will not be reflected in Mailchimp.
- The Mailchimp contacts integration for Brevo is free. It allows you to import new and old contacts in real-time, and if you update your contacts info in Mailchimp, it will be reflected in Brevo.
- There’s a global limit on how much data your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You will receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stopped, and you'll receive a new email notification. To increase your monthly quota, contact our support team.
- If you do not want a limit, you can use the Mailchimp + Brevo Zapier template. However, it only imports and updates new contacts from your Mailchimp account to Brevo, and depending on the number of contacts you want to import, you may need to subscribe to a paid plan on Zapier. To learn more, check our dedicated article Synchronize your new Mailchimp contacts to Brevo with Zapier.
Before you start
- Sign up for a Brevo account. You can choose either a free or paid plan, depending on your needs. To learn more and choose the best plan for you, check our dedicated article About Brevo pricing plans.
- Make sure your Mailchimp contact lists are complete and cleaned and that they only contain contacts who consented to receive updates from you.
- Create contact attributes from the Contact Attributes page in Brevo to match the ones you used in Mailchimp. Contact attributes are the different information you have on your contacts, such as email, phone number, and date of birth. To learn more, check our dedicated article What are the different types of contact attributes?.
- Some Mailchimp attributes may not be imported:
- The phone number attribute must be from 6 to 16 digits. If you create or update a contact in Mailchimp with a phone number not following this format, it will not be imported to Brevo.
- The address attribute cannot be imported to Brevo as it is a collection of multiple fields such as ZIP and Street No in Mailchimp.
- The Boolean (Yes/No) and Category (dropdown) type fields are currently not supported in Brevo and won't be imported.
Part 1: Set up the Mailchimp Integration
Now that you are convinced that Brevo is the best platform for your needs, you can import your Mailchimp contacts to Brevo. It starts with the setup of the Mailchimp integration:
- Click the account dropdown > Plugins & Integrations.
- Search and click the Mailchimp contacts integration.
- Give a name to the integration.
- Click Create integration.
Connect your Mailchimp account to Brevo
Connect the integration to your Mailchimp account to retrieve your contacts data:
- Click Connect your account. You are redirected to the Mailchimp login page.
Log In to your Mailchimp account and allow Brevo to access it.
- Click Continue.
Select a list to import
Select the Mailchimp list you want to import to Brevo:
- Select in the drop-down the Mailchimp list you want to import to Brevo.
- Check the box to confirm that your contacts consented to receive updates from you.
- Click Continue.
Indicate how Brevo should match your contacts' data from your Mailchimp account:
- From the MAILCHIMP ATTRIBUTE column, select in the drop-down list the Mailchimp data fields you want to map to Brevo contacts attributes. You can map as many attributes as you need, only the email or SMS attribute is mandatory. To ignore an attribute, choose Do not import from the drop-down list.
- Once you are done, click Continue.
Select your Brevo list
Select in which Brevo list you want to import your Mailchimp contacts:
- To import your Mailchimp contacts to your Brevo contacts, you can either:
- In the Select a list tab, select an existing list in which you want to import your Mailchimp contacts.
- In the Create a list tab, create a new list in which you want to import your Mailchimp contacts.
- Click Use this list.
To enable the integration, click Save and activate. You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Part 2: Check your contacts
Now that you have connected and configured the Mailchimp integration in Brevo, your Mailchimp contacts will be imported into Brevo. The synchronization process may take several minutes depending on the number of contacts to import. You will receive an email once the import and synchronization of your Mailchimp contacts to Brevo are done.
Once you receive the email, access the list by going to Contacts > Lists and choosing the folder in which you created it. You will see that your Mailchimp contacts details have been added to the list of contacts you selected during the Mailchimp integration setup:
Part 3: Start using Brevo features
Now that your contacts have been imported to Brevo, you can start using our features to connect with your contacts and grow your business:
- Engage your contacts using our friendly email design tool.
- Automate your marketing using our email, SMS, website tracking, and more.
- Send one-to-one emails with optimal deliverability and powerful tracking.
- Talk with your website and social media visitors in real time.
- Manage your leads and conversion process.
- Integrate Brevo with your website and favorite apps.
⏭ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.