With Brevo, you can create WhatsApp campaigns to send advertising and information messages to your contacts.
WhatsApp is the preferred communication channel with more than 2 billion users and potential contacts. By launching a WhatsApp campaign, you can:
- Get better brand connections and engagement, with instant recognition;
- Use 1:1 personalized communications, reaching customers where they are;
- Take advantage of more formats than SMS and better engagement than email or SMS.
Before you start
- Make sure you've already linked your WhatsApp Business account to Brevo and connected all your WhatsApp phone numbers. To learn more, check our dedicated articles Link your WhatsApp Business account to Brevo and Add multiple phone numbers to your WhatsApp Business Account.
- To be able to send your WhatsApp campaigns without the daily sending limit, make sure your WhatsApp Business account has been verified. To learn more, check our dedicated article Get your WhatsApp Business account verified.
- Create your WhatsApp template in advance, to ensure it will be ready when you need to launch your WhatsApp campaign as it requires Meta to approve it before sending.
- Make sure that the WHATSAPP attribute of your contacts is filled in and that they can receive your WhatsApp campaign in their country. To learn more, check our dedicated articles Create and import your WhatsApp contacts and Supported countries and pricing for WhatsApp messages.
🏷️ Name your WhatsApp campaign
Name your WhatsApp campaign to easily find it in Campaigns > WhatsApp:
- In your Brevo account, go to Campaigns > WhatsApp.
- Click Create campaign.
- Choose a name for your campaign (up to 60 characters). This name will only be visible to you, not to your recipients.
- Click Start.
📞 From: Choose the sender
- In the From section, click Edit.
- From the drop-down list, choose the WhatsApp phone number you want to use to end your WhatsApp campaign.
To learn more about multiple WhatsApp phone number support, check our dedicated article Add multiple phone numbers to your WhatsApp Business Account.
- Click Save.
🧑🤝🧑 To: Select your recipients
To select your recipients:
- In the To section, click Edit.
- Select one or several lists or segments of recipients you want to send your WhatsApp campaign.
- Optional: to exclude one or several lists of recipients you don't want to send your WhatsApp campaign to, click Exclude lists and select the desired list(s) of recipients to exclude.
- Click Save.
🖌️ Message content: Design your message
We offer two options to design your WhatsApp message: you can either use a template that you created ahead of time, or you can start from scratch.
In the Message content section, click Start creating and select one of the two options to design your message:
- Select Use template.
- In the drop-down list, select the WhatsApp template you want to use to send your WhatsApp campaign.
- Click Preview.
- Optional: If you selected a WhatsApp template with the Draft status, click Edit next to its name to edit its settings and content, and submit it for approval to Meta. To learn more, check our dedicated article Create and manage your WhatsApp templates.
Your WhatsApp campaign setup is complete. Once the WhatsApp template status is Approved, you will be able to schedule the sending of your WhatsApp campaign ⬇️.
- Select Start from scratch.
- Click Start creating.
You are redirected to the WhatsApp template creation page. Create your WhatsApp template and submit it for approval to Meta. Once submitted for approval, your campaign will appear as Pending in the Message content step. You will have to wait for Meta to approve the WhatsApp template to schedule your campaign ⬇️.
📅 Schedule your campaign
To schedule your campaign:
- Click Schedule.
- Select the date when you would like your campaign to be sent.
- Select the time when you would like your campaign to be sent.
The time zone is specified below the time.
- Once you're done, click Save the date.
Your campaign will appear as Scheduled on your campaign listing page until it is sent.
⏭️ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.