You can receive and answer your customers' WhatsApp messages in real-time with the Conversations app that gathers all your messages from your different communication platforms (Chat widget, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Direct). To learn more about the Conversations app, check our dedicated section in the Help Center.
Good to know
- Conversations is not a community management tool: It allows you to manage your private messages and provide support to your customers.
- The Conversations features below are not available for WhatsApp in Conversations:
Before you start
- Enable the Conversations app from the Apps and Integrations page and set it up.
- Link your WhatsApp Business account to Brevo through the embedded signup.
- Verify your WhatsApp Business account.
🤔 How does WhatsApp in Conversations work?
After linking and verifying your WhatsApp Business Account, you can receive and answer all your customer's WhatsApp messages in Conversations > Conversations and use the Saved replies, Agents, and Groups features from Conversations.
Once a customer sends a message to your business, you receive a notification in the Conversations app.
WhatsApp imposes a 24-hour messaging window to answer your customers' WhatsApp messages. As long as it has been less than 24 hours since your customers last messaged you, you can respond in Conversations with no limit. If it has been more than 24 hours since they last messaged you, you are outside the 24-hour messaging window and must use template WhatsApp messages from the WhatsApp campaigns app.
💰 How will I be charged?
You will be charged the rate of one WhatsApp message for each 24-hour conversation session. Charges for conversations are based on the contact's phone number. Rates will vary by country or region.
Pay as you go or purchase a monthly plan and get your first 1,000 messages free.
If you do not respond to your customer's message within 24 hours, the window will be closed, and you won't be able to reply to their messages anymore. You will only be able to use template WhatsApp messages from the WhatsApp campaigns app and pay to send them.
👀 Recognize WhatsApp messages in Conversations
There are three ways of recognizing a WhatsApp message in Conversations:
- WhatsApp logo next to the sender name.
- WhatsApp logo next to the time the message was sent.
- WhatsApp logo and page name under the Channel section.
You can easily know if your customer received and viewed your message by looking at your message display:
- Not seen
You will know that your customer received your message if a tick displays for a few seconds next to your name above the message you sent. When the message has been received but not read yet, the message block is grey and the mention (not seen) displays.
Once your customer read your message, the message block becomes white, and the mention (seen) displays for a few seconds before disappearing.
⏭ What's next?
- Pricing for WhatsApp messages
- About add-ons or Pay as you go (WhatsApp, SMS and email credits, and Dedicated IP)
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.