When you receive a message from your visitors on Conversations, you can get a notification on your Desktop, mobile phone, or by email. In this article, we will see how you can edit and disable these notifications.
You can receive audio and/or visual notifications on your desktop when you receive a message from your visitors and/or if there is a new visitor on your website.
To change the settings of your notifications, go to Conversations > Settings > Notifications.
From this section, you can choose from the drop-down list the sound that your device will make when you receive a new message from a visitor. You can test each sound by clicking on them one by one.
Make it louder
If you feel that the sound notification is too low and that you won't be able to hear it, you can increase it by checking the Make it louder box.
Repeat sound for new incoming chats
Check the Repeat sound for new incoming chats box to repeat the notification sound until you open the conversation.
This option only works with new conversations. If a visitor sends another message in a conversation you've already joined, the notification sound will only play once.
Display time corresponds to pop-up notifications which appear at the top or bottom right corner of your computer screen when you receive a new message in Conversations or when there is a new visitor on your website.
Pop-up notifications are very useful if you chose not to receive sound notifications but still want to be notified, or if you want to receive an additional notification to the sound notifications.
See what they look like:
Pop-up notifications display until you close or check them but you can automatically close the pop-up notification after a specific time:
- Check the Hide notifications after x seconds.
- Change the display time using the up and down arrows or type the desired number directly into the field.
If you want to know when a visitor is on your website, you can check the Receive a notification for every visitor to the website box.
After checking the box, you will be able to choose from the drop-down list the sound that your device will make when there is a new visitor on your website. You can test each sound by clicking on them one by one.
The sound and visual notifications for the Conversations Mobile app depend on the notification settings you set on your phone. You must access your phone notifications settings to enable notifications for the Conversations mobile app, and edit the sound and visual notifications for the Conversations mobile app.
You can also receive a notification on your smartphone when your operating hours start and when they end. Check the box Send notifications when operating hours start/end in your Chat profile under the Operating hours settings:
Notifications by email
Imagine you are offline and a visitor sends an important question that needs a quick answer to convert them into a customer. You would like to be notified? It is possible with Conversations' email forwarding option!
See how to enable this option:
- Go to Conversations > Settings > Preferences.
- Go to the Email forwarding section at the bottom of the page.
- From the Offline messages and conversation transcripts drop-down list, either choose:
- Do not forward anything: you will not receive any email This option disables the sending of new messages by email when you are offline.
- Forward conversation transcripts, missed and offline messages: you will receive an email for each conversation, unanswered conversation, and each message received when you are offline.
- [Recommended] Forward missed and offline messages only: you will receive an email for each unanswered conversation and each message received when you are offline.
- Optional: Change the email address to which messages will be forwarded.
By default, the emails will be sent to the account owner's email but you can override it with another email address of your choice.