We've created a series of articles to help you discover the Contact form feature in Conversations. In this article, we will help you set up the contact form bot according to your agents' status.
- Part 1: Choose when to display the contact form bot - YOU ARE HERE
- Part 2: Customize the contact form fields
- Part 3: Visitor's consent
- Part 4: Customize bot phrases
Good to know
- Depending on the options you choose, your visitors will not be required to fill out the entire form. For more information on how to make your contact form mandatory or optional, see the Choose when to display the contact form bot article. You can also customize the contact form fields to make them mandatory or optional.
What is a contact form bot and why use it?
A contact form bot is a form that welcomes your visitors and displays a series of questions to collect their details when they use the chat widget on your website. The contact form bot allows you to identify your visitors to enable the sending of your replies to their questions by email if they leave your website, or add them to your contact list.
See how the contact form is displayed to your visitors when agents are offline for example:
To access the contact form bot settings, go to Conversations > Settings > Contact form.
When agents are online
The When agents are online feature allows you to collect details from your visitors before answering them. This feature allows you to get to know your visitor better without spending too much time on contact details questions.
To choose when to enable the contact form bot when agents are online, select one of the options from the drop-down list:
Immediately, after the first message
This option automatically displays the contact form bot after receiving your visitor's first message. If you choose this option, the Get messages only once the contact form is filled box displays. You can either:
- [Recommended] Leave the box empty to directly receive your visitor's message and make the contact form optional when agents are online.
This will allow any visitor to contact you whether they agree to give their details or not.
- Check the box to receive your visitor's message only after they filled out the contact form and make the contact form mandatory when agents are online.
If agents delay a response
This option makes the contact form optional and will display it when agents are online but have exceeded the maximum time to respond to the visitor's message.
In the Waiting time text field, specify the delay time after which the bot will start.
|This option disables the contact form bot when agents are online.|
When agents are offline or invisible
The When agents are offline or invisible feature is enabled by default and sends the contact form automatically after your visitor's first message.
The Get offline messages only once the contact form is filled box is displayed by default. You can either:
- [Recommended] Check the box to receive your visitor's message only after they filled out the contact form and make the contact form mandatory when agents are offline or invisible.
This will help you reduce the number of messages received when you are offline allowing you to filter visitors who decided not to give their contact details.
- Leave the box empty to directly receive your visitor's message and make the contact form optional when agents are offline or invisible.
If visitors do not fill in the contact form, they will only receive your answer if they go back to your website.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.