A chatbot is useful to automatically answer frequently asked questions and reduce the number of messages to your support team. The chatbot can also help you know more about your visitors and their needs before transferring them to your support team if needed.
Once set up, the chatbot automatically sends pre-configured reply options, called scenarios, to your visitors depending on the webpage they are visiting. From the chatbot, visitors choose one of the preconfigured reply options and the bot will send them the next automatic message until the scenario ends or visitors choose to talk to an agent. Scenarios must be activated through triggers.
Create a scenario
- Go to Conversations > Settings > Chatbot scenarios.
- Click + New scenario.
- In the Scenario ## field, type a relevant name for your scenario.
This step will help you choose the right scenario during the configuration of your trigger.
- In the Bot welcome message bubble, enter the first bot message that will appear to your visitors.
Choose a welcome message that corresponds to the page where you will activate this scenario.
- In the Visitor’s reply bubbles, type the visitors' reply options.
If you want to give your visitors more than two reply options, click + Add visitor’s reply.
- Continue the scenario depending on what option the visitor chooses. Click on the reply options one by one and type a message that the bot will send to visitors if they choose the corresponding option.
After that message, you can offer visitors new reply options.
- Continue the scenario for other bot messages and reply options in the same way.
Remember to click on all visitor’s reply options to make sure your visitors always have reply options.
To end the scenario you can either:
Leave the bot message blank to transfer the conversation to agents.
Leave the Visitor’s reply blank to enable the sending of the finishing message.
To do so, check the Enable finishing message box for the bot to send a finishing message when the scenario is over. By default, the bot will send the message that is already displayed in the text field but you can write your own finishing message.
Make it clear to visitors that if they answer the finishing message, they will be transferred to an agent.
- Click Save.
- Follow the instructions from the Launch a scenario section below to create a trigger and launch the scenario.
Launch a scenario
- Go to Conversations > Settings > Targeted chats & triggers.
- Follow the steps from the How to customize default triggers? or How to create a new trigger? sections.
- From the THEN condition, select Start a chatbot scenario.
- From the list, choose the scenario corresponding to the trigger.
- Check the Enable the trigger box.
- Click Save.
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.