Connect your mailbox to Conversations to manage all your conversations in one place: chat, social (Facebook Messenger, Instagram Direct, WhatsApp), and emails. With the email integration, you can reply to your clients' emails directly from Conversations with the same functionalities as in your email provider interface such as email signature, forward emails, and add recipients and files ...
Before you start
- Conversations is not an email provider. To be able to connect your mailbox to Conversations, you need a Google (gmail.com) or Microsoft (outlook.com) mailbox.
- Connect to your Google or Microsoft mailbox.
Good to know
Receive your email notifications directly on your phone thanks to the Conversations app! To learn more, check our dedicated article Discover the Conversations mobile app.
🔌 Part 1: Connect your mailbox to Conversations
To receive your emails in Conversations, you first need to connect your mailbox to our platform. The procedure can differ depending on the email provider you want to connect with Conversations:
- Go to Conversations > Settings > Email.
- Click the Google tile. You are redirected to the Google single sign-on.
- Choose the Google account you want to connect to Conversations.
Allow Brevo to access your Google account.
- Go to Conversations > Settings > Email.
- Click the Microsoft tile. You are redirected to the Microsoft sign-in page.
- Enter your Microsoft mailbox credentials and click Next.
- Allow Brevo to access your Microsoft mailbox by clicking Yes.
⚙️ Part 2: Set up your mailbox settings
Emails can require extra customization such as email signatures or filters. Each of your connected mailboxes has its own settings that need to be set up separately.
To edit your mailbox settings, go to Settings > Email and click Settings next to your mailbox name:
Your email address cannot be edited and is the one you connected by default. However, you can:
Enter the name you want to display to your recipients when they receive your emails. Add any info related to your job or company and use our predefined placeholders to automatically populate your agent name and title. You can set up your agent name and title from your Chat profile settings. The preview gives you an idea of how your sender name will appear to your recipients ⬇️.
Check this box to set up a signature at the end of all your emails sent through Conversations. Add any info related to your job or company and use our predefined placeholders to automatically populate your agent name, title, and mailbox address. You can set up your agent name and title from your Chat profile settings. Use the same formatting options as in the chat to add bold or italics for example. The preview gives you an idea of how your signature will appear to your recipients ⬇️.
This filter will automatically discard all emails that are explicitly marked by the sender as automatic replies from Conversations, such as out-of-office or deactivated account messages. You will still be able to view auto-reply messages in your email provider interface.
This filter will automatically discard all emails that are explicitly marked by the sender as mass mailing emails from Conversations, such as newsletters or bulk emails. You will still be able to view mass mailing messages in your email provider interface.
Click the Disconnect mailbox button 3 times to disconnect your mailbox from Conversations. You will no longer receive your emails in Conversations, but you can still access them from your email provider interface.
📧 Part 3: Recognize and reply to your email messages in Conversations
Now that you've connected and set up your mailbox on Conversations, you can receive and answer your customers' emails directly in Conversations in the same way as in the chat and use the Saved replies, Agents, and Groups features.
There are five ways of recognizing an email in Conversations:
- The Email tab is selected.
- Email logo next to the sender name.
- Email logo next to the time the message was sent.
- Email address and info next to the sender profile picture.
- Email logo and account name under the Channel section.
⏭ What's next?
- Discover the Conversations mobile app
- Set up and use Saved replies
- With Conversations, change the way you communicate with your customers
- Reply to Instagram Direct messages with Conversations
- Reply to Facebook Messenger messages with Conversations
- Reply to WhatsApp messages with Conversations
🤔 Have a question?
💬 Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback helps us improve this article for everyone.