By connecting your Instagram professional account to Conversations you will be able to manage all your conversations in one place: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Direct, WhatsApp, and chat widget. Soon you will also be able to manage your Email (e.g. Gmail, Outlook) conversations.
Before you start
- Since Instagram is owned and linked to Facebook, you must have a dedicated Facebook page for your business to link your Instagram professional account and the Conversations app.
- Log into your Facebook and Instagram professional accounts.
Good to know
- Instagram is owned and linked to Facebook, this is why your Facebook page and Instagram professional accounts have to be linked to connect to Conversations.
- Conversations is not a community management tool: It allows you to manage your private messages and provide support to your customers.
- Only professional Instagram accounts can be connected to Conversations. Personal Instagram accounts cannot be connected to Conversations or any other third-party tool.
- The Conversations features below are not available in Instagram direct conversations:
Set up the connection to your Instagram professional account
- Go to Conversations > (Settings >) Instagram.
- Click Connect an account.
- Ensure you read and understand the Instagram prerequisites and click Continue.
Ensure you read and understand the Facebook prerequisites to link your Instagram account to Brevo. Since your Instagram professional account is linked to your Facebook page, you have to login to your Facebook account. Click Connect to Facebook.
- From the Facebook connection page, click Continue as ....
- Check the box corresponding to the Instagram professional accounts you want to connect to Conversations and click Connect.
Congratulations! 🎉 Your Instagram account is now linked to Brevo!
Use Conversations to reply to Instagram direct messages
Now that you connected your Instagram professional account to Conversations, you can receive and answer your customers' Instagram direct messages directly in Conversations.
You can answer your customers' Instagram direct messages in the same way as in the chat and use the Saved replies, Agents, and Groups features.
To access all your messages from the different platforms, go to Conversations > Conversations.
There are four ways of recognizing an Instagram direct message in Conversations:
- Instagram logo next to the sender name.
- Instagram logo next to the time the message was sent.
- Instagram logo at the top left of the sender profile picture.
- Instagram logo and Instagram account name under the Channel section.